In this webinar, you’ll learn how to use computational design workflows in early stages of a project to design a building and automate BIM documentation effectively (plans, sections, elevations, schedules, program diagrams). To demonstrate this, we’ll be using the GH—AC Live Connection tool to generate and manipulate BIM elements in ARCHICAD directly from Grasshopper.
You’ll receive all raw files (.zip) + life-time access to the video recording.
[button bg=”#199d5d” url=”https://www.bigmarker.com/TGIC/Computational-BIM-for-Concept-Design-Using-Rhino-Grasshopper-ArchiCAD5″]Watch Recording[/button]
Why GH—AC Live Connection tool?
Unlike the many plugins that exists to enable Rhino-BIM interoperability, Archicad’s integration with Rhino/GH goes a lot deeper, with a ‘live connection’ that enables real-time, bi-directional geometry transfer between the two applications. The connection is actually ‘live’ and operating in real-time, allowing users to conceptualize building forms and create native Archicad components directly from Rhino/GH interface. The Live Connection is extremely simple to use, fairly quick and works like a charm every time.
In 60 minutes, you’ll learn:
1. How to create a project structure for use in both Rhino/GH & ARCHICAD
2. Create computational design workflows and define a few constraints
3. How to transform the Parametric geometry to native BIM elements
4. Setup automated BIM documentation
5. How to setup a quick rendering
6. Leverage Data for greater flexibility and speed at a later design stage
7. Create Custom properties to manipulate Grasshopper parameters
8. Create a graphic override to display a program diagram without further modeling
9. Setup an automated area schedule to understand the impact of your proposal